NEWS.com.au | Top Stories

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Geocaching

I had never even heard the word Geocaching before being involved in this course (Thank you WA Public Libraries Learning 2.0 Basics - for extending my lifelong learning process)
Love the idea of technology combining with the great outdoors and also the element of trust implicit in its execution, however as I dont possess a GPS enabled device (why can't women read maps...) I doubt I will get the chance to try it out. Also hats off to the libraries who have incorporated it into a fun reader's introduction to services and locations.

This one of the few Web 2.0 technologies not employed at the City of Cockburn Libraries but am sure our totally terrific techno team will soon remedy that ... I feel a geo coming on.

1 comment:

  1. We do have a terrific techno team so you are probably right - geocaching will be on its way!

    ReplyDelete