NEWS.com.au | Top Stories

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bye bye blog, how I'm gonna miss yer...: or back to the Slow Lane

After a Christmas hiatus it was a real effort to restart & I sometimes spent more time blogging & commenting online than I did talking to to my husband (not that he minded!) I have enjoyed the course and welcomed the challenge to learn more about Web 2.0 terms which hitherto were nebulous. Although I had heard of all the technologies except Geocaching, the assignments forced me to examine them more closely and put them into practice. I hope to go back and look into their applications and features further.
I will even miss my attempts at blogging - what happens to 'retired'or under-utilised blogs? - are there Blog Refuges?
Although I love all that Web 2.0 has to offer and appreciate its relevance in attracting newer and younger library users, I agree with Nev Shulman participant in the doco Catfish - the other Facebook film that set tongues wagging in 2010 - when he entreats us to

"get out there, do things with people, call your friends, visit your mum, have a conversation with someone, make a new friend and don't spend too much time by yourself on the internet."

Well thats Web 2.0 sorted(in my own peculiar fashion) - what's next?

3 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed your blogging efforts and your final comments sum it up very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karyn - how r u going in the race to the finish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also enjoyed your blogs Mally. You write so well and your topics have been so intesting. Please keep writing it.

    ReplyDelete