NEWS.com.au | Top Stories

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Podcasting

So glad I watched "Podcasting in Plain English" as the pod in podcasting had me baffled for a long time as I always associated it with ipod. Now I know it means Personal on Demand - podcasting makes more sense. Although the ipod is the device I have always used to listen to any podcasts i.e "Enough Rope with Andrew Denton" or Hamish and Andy (love their no harm style of humour) that I subscribe to through Itunes. I can testify that podcasts (fitcasts?) make you walk longer and further - just have to hear the whole interview - as opposed to listening to music which makes you jiggle and do little dance moves which causes people cross to the other side of the road.
I was fortunate enough to be present when Lawley and Michael recorded an Outreach event "Stepping Stones to the Past" which now appears on the Cockburn Library's website as our first podcast (does that make me historic?) So we now have a digital record of an interesting and factual "how to do" event. Perhaps our international cookery sessions could be vodcast to add another facet to our provision of information. Podcasting the life stories of seniors in the community would be another means of preserving oral history.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't get the library podcast to work at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Library Ninja loves your insight into how listening to podcasts VS music when exercising results in a longer workout :-) Also impressed to see Cockburn stating to implement the technology on their site - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your renaming of podcasts to 'fitcasts'..maybe I'll have to try switching my music for podcasts too!

    ReplyDelete