NEWS.com.au | Top Stories

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My favourite Youtube video

Just for you Lawley.
As my brother(as shown on the widget "My brother,my blog") and many others do, libraries can use online video to highlight many of their services fairly simply and inexpensively while providing a welcome change from static text. Examples of this would be new user orientation, short introductions to computer basics, story times, outreach events or author talks held in the library. A different member of staff could perhaps enthuse over their choice of reading material or a different fiction genre each week. The possibilities are endless.
Personally I found Youtube fascinating, easy to search and implement and an endless source of comedy and useful "how to" clips (especially computer fixes)



4 comments:

  1. Go Grandma! That is amazing. To move like that at 93. I am 40 something years younger than her and I wish I could move like that that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of YouTube footage - what an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isnt it terrific? - she is dancing with her great grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..how inspiring. I can't imagine moving like that at 93!!

    ReplyDelete